Home About us App Natural Remedies Catalog Our book Healthy Life
Natural Remedies Logo Natural Remedies Natural Remedies
Norway spruce resin

Norway spruce resin

August 28, 2019
Remedy against mycosis of nails and skin, powerful antifungal, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory action, heals wounds and regenerates tissues
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Whatsapp Share on Pinterest Email

Nail fungus requires treatments, both oral and topical, which are often long lasting, with possible side effects and with a high risk of relapse. Science is becoming interested in alternative methods to treat these infections and the resin of Norway spruce, scientific name Picea abies, seems to be a really promising remedy.

Norway spruce resin, properties

From the resin of Norway spruce, in fact, an ointment is obtained, used for centuries by traditional medicine to treat skin problems and characterized by important and powerful antifungal properties against all dermatophytes that cause mycosis in humans and by an antimicrobial action against a broad spectrum of microbes and yeasts (Sipponen et al, APMIS, Oct 2011 - Rautio et al, APMIS, Apr 2007). In addition to this, Norway spruce resin also helps speed up wound healing, regenerate tissues and fight infections (Jokinen et al, Adv Wound Care (New Rochelle), May 2016). Based on research and tests, the application of ointments containing 30% of Norway spruce resin has been proven to be able to cure mycosis in 60% of treated cases and to make significant improvements in the remaining 40% (Sipponen et al, Mycoses , May 2013). It seems that the action of Norway spruce resin is at the cellular level, by affecting the vitality of the cells and modifying their walls, thus altering the synthesis of energy in bacteria (Sipponen et al, Ultrastruct Pathol., 2009).

Norway spruce resin, how to use and where to buy

You can find the ointment prepared with Norway spruce resin in health food stores or chemist’s shops. It can be applied in case of mycosis of the nails and of the skin but can also be useful in case of skin lesions and blisters. Clean the area to be treated with warm water and then dry it. Spread the ointment and then wrap the part with a plastic wrap. Apply several times during the day for at least 3-4 months.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Whatsapp Share on Pinterest Email
Natural Remedies
Get now the App Natural Remedies, the app for a healthy lifestyle and healthy food
You might also be interested in these natural remedies
App Natural Remedies: healthy lifestyle and beauty
Lifestyle, healthy diet, natural cosmetics
Remedies App Logo
Most read